Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Clarification

Here are some answers to questions that nobody's asked yet:

1: In Virtual Reality the real world is replaced with an artificial one. In Augmented Reality, the real world is enhanced with extra information. I thought it was one way of thinking about the relationship between blogs and the real world, hence the name.

2: As for the umlauts over the vowels, that's because we were watching This is Spinal Tap on TV the day before I was thinking up the name, which got me thinking about Heavy Metal Umlauts a la Blue Öyster Cult, Motörhead, Mötley Crüe etc. Spinal Tap has an umlaut over the "n"; I wanted to put mine over the "g" but there isn't a character code for that. Spinal Tap's album was named "Smell the Glove" hence the line in the "About" section.

3: I reformat all posts to keep the font sizes and spacing consistent. Hope you don't mind. I wouldn't edit the actual content, though.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home