Monday, March 28, 2005

See Saw

We bought Saw on DVD a few days ago and at the time knew nothing about it. The cover said it had Cary Elwes and Danny Glover in it, which Kate and I took to mean it couldn't be bad.

We watched it Saturday and were both impressed with how damn good it is. This movie rocks. If you like Se7en and movies of that nature then you'll love Saw. I'm saying no more about it because there's an incredibly good plot twist that I just didn't see coming and I don't want to give anything away.

My big question is... why was it not nominated for a bunch of Oscars? The screenplay alone is so original it should have at least got a nod. Just more proof of what a charade the O$cars have become.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I've never been a big fan of the Oscars or the "professional" movie critics. Thanks for the straight-up, regular Joe endorsement. I've been thinking of renting this one for a while. Looks like it'll be a Blockbuster night. :)

    By Blogger Bridget Unnel, at 12:57 PM  

  • I'm not real big on movies and have heard of neither of them but I am big on radio talk shows and heard one radio 'talking mouth' say that there were empty seats at the last Oscar show.
    Besides the group of hoity toity intellectuals doing the nominating no one else cares about them as much as they used to...

    By Blogger prying1, at 10:54 PM  

  • I can get anything on Screen Select they just post it to me, I'll TRY TO FIND SAW THERE.

    By Blogger Diary-Thinker, at 4:11 AM  

  • I did think that it was a good movie, but I hated the endingm but that could be because I watch too many and they are too predictable.
    That being said these are the reasons that I think it wasn't nominated: 1.horror never gets nominated; 2. It was Australian and their sick of foreigners taking over; 3. It was made for only $1,000,000 and low budget movies rarely get a look.

    By Blogger Technicolour Nightmare, at 4:44 AM  

  • you've certainly sparked my curiousity. I"ll have to check it out.

    By Blogger Melaina RN, PHN, MS, CNS, ACHPN, at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home