Saturday, December 04, 2004

It's Game Time

I haven't posted for over a week because of the thanksgiving holiday and other things... I've been too busy in the office to find any writing time, and that's not likely to change for a while. At home I've been relaxing with games rather than writing. So, by way of an update, here's how things stand:

Freelancer

Started a new game and finished all 13 in-game missions. Edison Trent is now exploring the Sirius Sector (again). At the moment he's flying a Valkyrie and parked on Planet Cambridge. The plan is to completely explore Liberty, Bretonia and the independent systems to start, then move on to Kusari and Rheinland. By that time Edison should have a ship strong enough to risk taking on the border systems.

X2: the Threat

I've reached the point where I have to buy some piece of equipment from a Paranid. Before I can do that I have to make enough money to buy a new ship - class M4 or better - so that it can have a jump drive installed. I'm planning on an Argon Nova, which is an M3, but that's over $800,000. I have about $150,000 so far so it's going to be a while before I'm ready to take the next step. The plan is to buy a second Argon Mercury (around $100,000) or maybe a Boron equivalent so that I can be trading in a couple of areas to speed things along.

Sacred

My Barbarian ("Pug") is at the Oasis of Ahil-Tar on the way to check out the Orcs on instructions from Prince Valor's seeress Shareefa. He could really use some better armour.

Myst IV: Revelation

It's so long since I played this I can't remember where I left off. I'll probably start again from scratch when I've got a bit further with X2 and Sacred.




On the subject of games I'm really disappointed that the makers of Half Life 2 decided to make it a requirement that you need an online connection to be able to play. I love the original Half Life (and now that my system has a new power supply up to driving the graphics card, I'm thinking about playing it again soon) but I have no intention of buying HL2 until I can be sure there's a way to play without needing to be connected to the net. I understand what they're trying to do with the Steam system, but I want to do things the way I'm used to - download patches when they're available when I decide to do so, when I can control my internet connection.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home