Sunday, January 09, 2005

Pseudoscience and trash

Pseudoscience

Florida State University is planning on spending nine million dollars a year on a Chiropractic School. This is what happens when the people who manage something as important as an educational institution have little or no relevant education themselves. Two of the nobel laureates there are rightly opposing the move, saying that it will damage the university's academic reputation. Parody maps of the FSU campus have appeared showing a Bigfoot Institute, a School of Astrology and a Crop Circle laboratory.

I'll be watching what happens with this. FSU could find itself on the growing list of places (including Dayton, TN and recently Dover, PA) from where any employment applications we receive are summarily shredded.

26%

While blogsurfing I've come across a bunch of blogs with links to various tests. I tried not to bother with them but in the end I had to have a go, just for fun. The result:

I AM 26% WHITE TRASH!
26% WHITE TRASH
The white trash in my blood will not keep me from becoming a doctor or a lawyer, but it will keep me from a good haircut and any sort of fashion sense.


In an effort to make 100% I'm thinking of buying a few old rusty car bodies, washing machines and so on to scatter round the front yard. Then I need a F250 truck, and I think I'll change my name to "Bubba", join the NRA and start extolling the virtues of the Bush administration. That ought to about do it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home