Friday, April 15, 2005

Program for sale

Please check this out - click here.

A couple of years ago I wrote a program called CXA. It's a bulk email program, 100% pure Java, designed to let small and medium size businesses send out personalized mail to their customers automatically, quickly and easily. (Before you ask, gentle reader: No, it's not a spam program. There are specialized bulk mailers that scurvy spammers use - they do things like generating random, fake email addresses, and the spammers are rarely interested in knowing open and click-through rates for their junk so those programs don't bother with them. Responsible emailers only send to people who signed up, they adhere to the law and generally they're more interested in seeing what percentage of the mail they send is being read. CXA was written for the responsible crowd.)

It never sold. Not because it's a bad program, but because although I'm a damn good Java programmer (Master-level, according to Brainbench) I'm not a salesman by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

So, rather than just having it sit there doing nobody any good, and because right now a little cash injection (or even better, a big cash injection) wouldn't be a bad thing, I've put it up for sale on eBay. The item listing is right here.

I'm not selling individual copies here; what I'm offering is the whole package, lock, stock & barrel. Source code, user documentation, development documentation, the license generator tool that goes with, everything. Whoever buys it will be able, assuming they have better marketing skills than I do (which isn't hard), to market it themselves.

If you're interested please take a look. The auction ends about this time next week.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Actually it's not really old code - I've been maintaining it since it was written. I've just never been able to find a market to sell individual copies (I'm a software developer, not a salesman) so I've decided to sell the whole package.

    By Blogger Pete Ford, at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home