Saturday, June 14, 2008

Questing

Our characters are now located in Lakeshire in the Redridge Mountains. We both just hit level 19, mostly thanks to completing a slew of quests. We have a bunch of quests remaining that involve finding and eliminating bad guys, including two in particular that look like they could be pretty tough boss fights, and that'll probably give us both enough XP to hit level 20, which I think will unlock some very useful new skills for both of us - Kate's Rogue, for example, should be able to use poisons and I think I'll be able to use portals or teleportation. With as many of this type of quests on our list, I think we're likely to be in the Redridge area for a while although we do have a couple of quests outstanding in Westfall that we'll have to go back to finish up.

Gryphons are cool. We encountered our first flightmaster in Sentinel Hill (we didn't know about these guys when we first got to Stormwind) and since then we've added the ones in Stormwind, Ironforge, Thelsamar (we took the Deeprun Tram from Stormwind to Ironforge then hoofed it to Thelsamar to complete a quest), Lakeshire and Darkshire. I guessed that the size of the game world made it likely that there'd be some fast method of long-range travel, but I was assuming some kind of teleport system, like Diablo II's waypoints. I wasn't expecting to be able to fly on the back of a Gryphon and it's awesome. I'm looking forward to being able to fly the entire length of Azeroth.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home