Sunday, November 20, 2005

Move over, Spielberg - part VII

As I was playing back video clips I realized that the sound is a little bit out of sync with the video - it lags behind by a few frames. It's not a problem for the documentary project because it's only noticable a small number of the clips, for example when someone is speaking in shot so that you can see the lip movements don't match the sounds. I can fix it where necessary by "sliding" the audio track three or four frames to the left relative to the video track. I don't want this to be a long-term problem, though.

It turns out that the sync problem is a side-effect of capturing using USB - yet another reason to get FireWire, which in turn means finding a PCI expansion chassis to put it in... but so far, I've had no luck in finding one locally. I'd rather not buy one online - I need to be able to ask some questions about compatibility and data rates before I decide which one to get - but if that's the only way I can get hold of one, I guess I won't have a choice.

On the production front the storyboarding is coming along nicely and I may be able to start ordering the clips on the timeline and maybe even positioning some of the b-reel overlays today and tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home