Monday, January 26, 2009

Quitting: Day Nine

Cigarettes Today: 1

It snowed all night, from the look of things, and although it wasn't heavy it built up to about four or six inches. The main roads had been ploughed, though, so it wasn't too bad for the first hour of driving to work - I wasn't about to do the speed limit but fifty or even sixty in places was okay.

Then I got down to about mile 217 and ran into heavy snow, and everything slowed to a crawl. It took another hour to cover the last fifteen miles to work, and it was pretty nerve-wracking in a few places because there was almost no traction; in one place I hit the brakes and even with the antilock the car started to slew. I'm pretty careful in these conditions and I had a big gap between me and the car in front, but I was more concerned that I'd slide into the lane to my right since I lost the steering for a moment. Scary.

So by the time I got in I was twitchy again, the willpower went again, and I scrounged another cig off Leo (a guy I work with). That set me straight and I'll be okay now for the rest of the day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home