Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Icecrown, Dragonblight and Storm Peaks: Level 78

Icecrown

As I mentioned, I started off a little way behind Kate (about 160,000 XP) and I decided that I might be better off, at level 77, knocking down baddies around Icecrown since the flight point at the southern end is almost within sight of Dalaran. Sure enough, right outside the camp where the flight point is located there's an area that's pretty well loaded with those undead spider-like creatures, and they respawn pretty fast.

I spent a short while there then decided to move north and found another area with some large bug-like baddies. I knocked a couple of them down but for some reason I didn't get any XP off them and I couldn't loot them either; very odd. So I got airborne (it's great being able to fly around) and headed east, thinking I might have a bit more luck in Storm Peaks.

There did seem to be more stuff around but I didn't stay long because it occurred to me that I needed worm meat (to get a few more points on my cooking skill). I made my way to K3, bashing stuff as I went, and from there I took a flight to Fordragon Hold in northern Dragonblight.

Dragonblight

East of Fordragon Hold, just south of the crossing into Crystalsong Forest, is an ice canyon (the Crystal Vice) and leading off from that is a deep cave filled with Jormungar Feeders; most of them drop worm meat. Here I was able to get the twenty bits of worm meat I wanted and get some XP at the same time. It worked out perfectly; I walked out of the cave with the meat, I'd gathered enough XP to be even with Kate on points, and Kate had finished up with auction house business. I flew back to Fordragon Hold and we made our way to the goblin settlement at K3.

Storm Peaks

There were three quest givers at K3, and between them we got five quest chains in the area to take care of. We had to gather charred aircraft parts, retrieve a toolkit from the middle of a minefield (without flying - the minefield is surrounded by turrets that shoot down any flying mounts), recover supplies stolen by gnolls, lay land mines, use a bomb to blow up a mammoth, and get ore from a cave just north of K3.

One quest chain took us into Sifreldar Village and we had to go into a mine in disguise - this turned out to be quite a long chain and involved freeing dragons and prisoners while airborne, fighting on armoured bears, and finally jumping from dragon to dragon using harpoons while circling the Temple of Storms a very, very long way above the ground.

Thanks to all these quests we made level 78 and got some way toward level 79. I think we've cleared pretty much all the quests out of K3; the plan at the moment is to move on to Frosthold next, where we know there are at least three more quest givers. At the rate we're going we'll hit level 80 sometime in the next few days.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home