Thursday, April 23, 2009

Level 74

Kate had got to level 74, while I was only 60% of the way there from 73; it took a while to catch up but I flew out to Amberpine Lodge in the Grizzly Hills and, using that as a base, went a-questing in the area around. It went mostly pretty quickly, at first at least, because the first handful of quests could all be taken care of in the area close to the lodge. Later came quests that meant heading farther out, and ultimately I ran into a couple of quests that I couldn't get through. Actually I think the failure was simply not knowing the best way to handle things, and if I had another go I think I might be able to deal with them.

One involved helping someone escape from a logging camp in the north, and as part of it you have to jump on a horse that the escapee is controlling. We became overrun with enemies and I think it was because I didn't use the burning lamp oil the way I should have. That was a wipe.

The other quest was in Voldrune, and for this one I had to release a dragon (easy) then fly it off to attack the level 74 elite bad guy at the top of a nearby tower (hard). We didn't make it.

Since my objective was to level up I dropped both quests for the time being and headed off to find Gryan Stoutmantle (who I'd last seen at Sentinel Hill) at the Westfall Camp to the east. He had another couple of quests including one to clear out some undead scum from a mine to the north, and it was while doing that that I got the last handful of points and hit 74. Yippee!

We should now be able to get to Dalaran. The way I understand it, we can pick up a quest from any of five different people - one in Valiance Keep, one in Zul'Drak, two in Dragonblight and one in Valgarde (which is the closest from where we're both settled at the moment). The quest is to take some item (I don't remember what) to someone in Dalaran (I don't remember who) and to make it possible the quest giver will port you right to the place. Couldn't be simpler.

So when we get there the first objective is not to close out the quest but to find an inn and set our hearthstones. I'm fairly sure there'd be an inn but if for some reason we're not able to set our stones, the next option is to find a flightmaster. The potential problem with that is that the flight point may not be connected to any of those we have, in which case we'd have to locate a connecting flight point on the ground to be able to fly back.

If both of those things fail, the third option is to abandon the quest that got us there instead of closing it out. If we do that, then any time we want to get to Dalaran all we have to do is take the quest again. Not an ideal solution but it should work.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home