Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quitting: Day Ten

Cigarettes Today: 6

Bad day. Whoever's supposed to take care of the roads around Denver should be fired - there's still snow left lying all over the place, and in some places it is of course compacted by the traffic.

The upshot of this is that the back end of the car broke away just after I negotiated the curve from I-25 onto 6th avenue; I got control of it but as the back end snapped beck into line it overshot and went the other way. I steered into it again and got it back, but by that time I was pointing at the barrier, on snow - I gentled the brakes but there was just no traction and I hit at maybe 15 mph - not even enough to fire the airbags.

I was a little bit shaken up but more than anything I was just angry - if I'd still been working at the USDA I could have worked from home, but where I am now they insist on my presence even though there's useful work I could have done without coming in.

In any case I lost it and bought a pack at a gas station on the way in, and I've burned six. I'm trying as hard as I can to make those the last for the day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home