Sunday, January 16, 2005

New header image

I'm gradually shaping my blog page from the generic look to something more personal. The new header background is part of the facelift.

I've been a space nut since I was a kid. I was a child of the space race age; I was just barely in high school in Broadstairs (Kent, England) when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the moon. It was an exciting time.

Now we have exciting times again, even though robots are doing the exploring this time around. Since the moonshot era we've been to Mars and Venus, and just this last week landed a robot on Titan. There's a real feeling that among the moons of Jupiter and Saturn we may find life. Exciting times indeed.

Hence the new image with the space theme. The red starry background is from a photo of the North America nebula (named for the shape), the yellow object is Io and the brown one is Ganymede. At top left there is a fragment of the Orion nebula.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home