Friday, August 08, 2008

The Money Pit 2

One of the items I need for the Paladin quest is a shipment of ore that comes from a dwarf in Thelsamar. The first task in getting hold of this is to find the dwarf; this sounded like a quick and easy thing to do so I flew to Thelsamar while Kate was finishing up auction house business.

I found the dwarf and it turned out that the shipment had been stolen by ogres on the far side of the Loch, so the next job was to go and get it back. It took way longer to get to the ogre camp and back than it did to find the shipment - it was in a box in plain sight in the middle of the camp.

Back at Thelsamar the dwarf had to 'purify' the shipment, then it was all mine. Kate had finished her stuff and we decided to join up at Sentinel Hill and have another run through the Deadmines.

And that's basically what we did - we stripped everything we could, bashing diggers and mining ore, all the way to the instance portal. We deliberately didn't group when we went through the portal, so that we'd each have our own private instance and so potentially double the take.

We came back out with more ore, cloth and weapons although it seemed to me that I didn't get as much this time. All the same I still picked up half a dozen or so 'green' items that are now up for auction - most of the stuff I auctioned yesterday sold well and made a fair pile of cash and I expect this latest lot to do well too.

Of course doing that didn't get either of us any closer to the next level so I'd say it's time to get back to Ashenvale and finish up the quests there. I think by the time we've finished mapping the last unexplored areas I'll have got level 30 and Kate should be up to 31. After that, I'm not sure what we'll be doing next; if we can't find a way into the Barrens we may have no choice but to go south and start exploring Desolace.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home