Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Grand Master

It's taken a while but I finally managed to get blacksmithing up to 350 points.

Since the last post here I was able to get hold of enough thorium to get to 300 and at that point I began to get plans using fel iron. I bought some when it was cheap, to speed things along, but I also spent a lot of time around Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh mining the stuff. Unfortunately I'm not the only one out there so the pickings were a bit slim at times.

All the same I was able to push through to 335 in a fairly short time and then I started getting some adamantite plans, including a couple I bought at Telredor. By that time I already had a small stock of adamantite bars but I bought some cheap ore to help along again.

With the final stock of materials in hand I was able to get to the 350 mark at the forge in Stormwind; I dumped the stuff I'd made in the auction house (if it sells I should recoup around four hundred gold) then took the boat to Valiance Keep and hit the Grand Master blacksmithing trainer.

So now I'm a Grand Master, and along with that I got a handful of cobalt plans. I should be able to dump the excess thorium, fel iron and adamantite that's clogging up my bank slots and use the space for cobalt and saronite going forward.

Things should be a bit cheaper now; Northrend is teeming with cobalt deposits so it shouldn't be hard to gather all I need without needing to buy from the auction house, and I generally don't have much of a problem gathering saronite either - on one circuit of Sholazar Basin a couple of weeks ago I was able to pick up a hundred and eighteen ores in half an hour or so.

So I'm hoping that getting that last 100 points to max out at 450 won't take too long now. By the time I get to that point I should be able to make us some exceptionally good titansteel armour.

On the subject of titansteel I have a stack of nineteen bars in the bank and the one I make today will complete the stack. Should I sell it? That stack would give me a one-time hit of around 1,300 gold. But it took three weeks to make it and I may need a stack like that when it comes time to start making our own stuff. I think I may hold onto it until I have a better idea of when I'll be able to make titansteel items and how much stuff they take.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home