Thursday, December 29, 2005

Snake Farm II

With Christmas and all going on, I haven't spent much time on the Snake Farm video at all. I've categorized the different clips into media bins to make them easier to work with, and I've trimmed a handful and got them into the timeline, and that's about it.

Part of the problem is that I'm an incurable gamer, and amongst other things I got games for Christmas - Donny got me a copy of F.E.A.R. which I've been playing since Monday; Kate got me Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords and Serious Sam II, which I'm not even going to install until I've played F.E.A.R. through to the end.

I'll have to impose a bit of self-discipline to stay focused on the video work first and save the games for later.

For Christmas I also got a DVD burner and a 300Gb USB hard drive - so now I can create my own DVDs directly from DVD Architect on my own machine instead of having to move an MPEG file to my office laptop for burning, and also I now have plenty of disk space for capturing and working on video. I actually created a menu-based DVD of the reptile expo video the other day and it looks great, considering it was thrown together in just a few minutes.

So tonight, assuming I can get a couple of hours in, I'm determined to push some more on the Snake Farm video and if possible at least get all the clips laid down on the timeline. Depending on how well that goes I may spend a little while working on some backing music for it too, but I'm guessing I won't have much time for that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home