Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Move over, Spielberg - part XVIII

I have a first cut complete and ready to roll. I have no illusions about the quality - I know the camera work could be a little less shaky; I know I'm not a professional voice performer; I know some of the audio has background sounds that are distracting (in particular, some guy talking loudly somewhere near me when I was recording the lady from the reptile shelter - I didn't notice him at the time but on the playback it's almost painful to listen to). In the process of making this one I've learned a bunch, so in future I'll be able to do better.

The question is, where to host? I was planning on putting it on Google's video hosting service but to do that I'll have to re-render as MPEG2 or MPEG4 with MP3 audio. Also, it looks like Google is a way to sell videos - not that I have a problem with people paying for my work, but for one thing this documentary has a very limited market (mainly the exhibitors at the show, I think) and secondly I don't feel right about charging for this one. I found a couple of other places for free hosting but they have their own problems - for example, one has a 20Mb limit... and the high-quality render I have is 125Mb.

I'll be spending a little time later today looking around some more to see where I can find to host the stuff. If I find somewhere I can put it as-is I may upload it today; if not, or if I need to re-render in a different format it'll probably be tomorrow - I say "probably" because we're forecast snow, and the way people drive around here I have no intention of sharing the roads with them if there's ice and snow on the floor.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • http://www.youtube.com/index.php

    You can post videos there, might be worth a look.

    By Blogger Adam_Y, at 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home