Thursday, September 04, 2008

Almost to level 40

We spent a little time looking at new talent builds for Kate's Warrior, to see how the points might be better distributed to increase her damage. I came up with a build the way I would do it, but I have to admit that since I've never had a Warrior character I can't say that it would be the best way - Kate knows better than me how she uses her Rage points and fighting skills during a battle, and I can only guess. All the same I think that what I put together would boost her damage and increase the rage points. It would be nice if the WoW Armoury pages would let you experiment by applying a talent build to a character to see how your damage is affected, but it doesn't do that, so the only way to know what the impact would be is to try the build out and see what happens.

At least it's not too expensive - for my own character I decided to move a couple of points and spend them where they'd be more useful, and to do that I just needed to go to a Paladin trainer and unlearn - it cost one gold and gave me blank talent trees and thirty points to spend. I'd printed out the original build and marked up the changes I wanted to make, having first checked them out using the online talent calculator, and it took just a minute to drop the points in place the way I wanted.

Thanks to a pile of Mageweave Cloth that Kate found for me, I was able to push my First Aid skill up to 240; to advance I needed to see the Trauma Surgeon in Theramore again, so I made a quick trip out there to take care of that.

Kate's been spending most of her time in the auction house, since she's been doing a lot of auctioning and so on, and she was still busy taking care of business so from Theramore I headed back out to the Arathi Highlands to push on toward level 40. As before I spent a while whacking Rumbling Exiles around the Circle of Inner Binding, but after a bit I decided on a change of scenery and took a horse ride to the Circle of East Binding not too far from Hammerfall. The elementals there are Cresting Exiles and tend to drop Enchanted Water (which replenishes a lot of mana) and Cresting Charms which would go to Kate - there's a Warrior-only quest she may get that you need the charms for.

I was hoping to hammer on through all the way to level 40 but I was running out of time and ended up having to cut it short. I went back to Ironforge, vendored a bunch of the junk I'd picked up and put a couple of items up for auction, then gathered some more of the Mageweave Cloth that I'd left in the bank and pushed my First Aid up to 260. The next step to advance that skill means going back to the trauma surgeon for training in how to make Runecloth bandages and at that point I'll have to see about getting hold of some runecloth before I can go much higher. I could have run back out to Theramore but it was getting late so I'll take care of that next time.

All the same I didn't do too bad - I started off 27,000 points short of level 40 and left off needing around 8,000. I should be able to make that in about twenty minutes so by this time tomorrow I should have that level and hopefully be re-equipped with better armour and weapons.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home