Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dustwallow Marsh

I started off by flying back out to Refuge Pointe to whack spiders and raptors for XP, to get my level to 36. I needed about 9500 XP so it took a while, although the rest bonus helped, and with the mobs only two levels above me I was never in any real danger so I wasn't worried about getting wiped and wasting time running back from the boneyard. I was also able to mine a little bit of tin and iron, although mining was definitely the lower priority.

As soon as I got the level I took care of one other bit of business - buying an Elekk. A quick flight from Refuge Pointe to Menethil then by boat to Auberdine and another boat to Azuremyst, and that was taken care of - I'm now the proud owner of a Brown Elekk (I wish they had blue ones, though). That done I hearthstoned back to Ironforge for level 36 Paladin training and the usual other business (selling vendor trash, repairing equipment, etc.).

Kate wasn't quite ready to go so after making sure I was stocked with potions, food and sharpening stones I flew out to Stormwind so that I could run around Elwynn Forest. This is part of something I've been doing for completeness; I want to go back to a bunch of the lower-level areas that we haven't completely explored (with these characters, anyway) and fill in the corners on the maps. I did Dun Morogh this way a couple of days ago and I'm planning on doing the same in Lakeshire, Westfall and Darkshire soon. Having a complete map of any given region is a big help at times, so I think spending ten or fifteen minutes running around like this, while it doesn't generate any XP, is still useful in the long run.

Kate was ready by the time I'd finished mapping Elwynn so we made our way back to Theramore; we'd left off the other day with a quest from diver Renn McGill to see Lady Jaina Proudmoore in the mage tower. However it turned out that we didn't both have the quest; Kate hadn't closed out the previous quest with McGill, so we ran back out to the island to find him - battling Defias and murlocs on the way - then dashed back to Theramore. Jaina closed that quest and gave us another that meant going back to Stormwind, but made things much easier by teleporting us directly to the room where the guy we needed to see was standing, so that was another quest in the chain closed out real quick. He sent us back to Theramore, and again things were sped along by running over to the mage quarter to see a mage called Malin who teleported us right back to Jaina in Theramore. Jaina closed out the last quest in the chain for a monster 4600 XP.

The next thing we wanted to do was to go back out to Dustwallow Marsh and explore the rest of the area, but it was getting late so we went back to Ironforge to finish up. We'll get back to that on the next trip.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home