Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Saving the World... Please Wait

Something unusual happened when we tried to enter the game; we couldn't get in. We would log in, get the character screen and click "Enter World", and then it would just hang. A check of the Realm Status page and the support forums revealed that a whole bunch of Realms had gone down (something to do with a problem with a couple of battlegroups, apparently). Things came back up after half an hour or so and we were able to get in, but things still weren't 100%...

The first thing I'd planned was to go to The Exodar and buy an Elekk, so I flew to Menethil and took the boat to Auberdine. So far so good. Then I switched boats to get to Azuremyst but when the boat took to sea it vanished out from under me, dumping me in the sea. At first I thought maybe I'd done something stupid, so I swam back to shore and got the next boat. This time I wasn't the only passenger, and a couple of minutes later the other passenger and I were both swimming back to shore. I tried one more time with the same result, then submitted a support ticket and gave it up.

We'd planned to go back out to Dustwallow Marsh to explore some more and maybe find some more spiders to whack, but since that means taking another boat we decided to not risk it being a waste of time. Instead we flew back out to Refuge Pointe and headed back to Drywhisker Gorge to knock down kobolds and mine some minerals. And that's what we did until Kate hit level 37, by which time it was time to pack it in for the night.

I'm short of level 36 by about 9500 XP so my first priority on the next trip will be to find an area to go and gain some points to catch up to Kate a bit - being one level behind isn't too much of a problem but two levels makes things very hard, not least of which is that it becomes increasingly difficult to keep us both alive if we get in fix. It would be better still if I could catch up to level 37 so that we have equal abilities - that would make it easier to help Kate out if she's having trouble with a high-level mob (at the moment she should be able to take on a level 40, but if I go toe-to-toe with something five levels higher than me it's usually not survivable).

After that, I'm still planning to get my elekk, and then we can see about going back to Dustwallow.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home