Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mining

We're still trying to recoup some of the cash we spent on riding training - partially because we'll both need it to buy new equipment pretty soon, and partially because we're not terribly far from the level where we'll be able to buy flying mounts, and we both want to be able to do that. There's a little bit of confusion about how much a flying mounts costs - 5000g is a figure we hear a lot but according to one source that's for an epic flying mount, and there's another, lower-level type that you can get for 800g. I'm also unsure about whether Paladins get a cheaper alternative, as we do for the horses.

Either way, we need the cash so for yesterday's trip we decided to do nothing but gather materials for auction. Kate went to the Western Plaguelands and pretty much stayed there; I started off in the Arathi Highlands to pick up as much iron as I could find to replenish the stocks I'd used the other day, and while I was there I found a decent amount of mithril as well as a small amount of gold and tin.

After doing the circuit of Arathi, I took off for the Eastern Plaguelands since I know it's a good place for thorium; as it happened, though, I ended up spending more time fighting than mining (including getting wiped when two level 58 elites jumped me near Tyr's Hand), so I decided to move on somewhere else. I'd seen thorium and dark iron from the air in the Searing Gorge so I took a trip down there and did find some dark iron and more mithril, but only one thorium outcrop.

By now I was running out of time so I decided on one last attempt to find something worth some money and so I went through the Dark Portal and flew to Honor Hold, then from there rode southwest into the Terokkar Forest. I was hoping to find fel iron and adamantite, but no soap - it looked like someone had cleaned the place out before me. I was pretty close to Shattrath so I decided it was time to call time and take a portal back to Ironforge. I smelted the iron (apart from a few chunks that I prospected, getting one measly moonstone in return) and put that in the bank; the rest went for auction and with a bit of luck that lot should put the better part of a hundred gold back into my account.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home