Sunday, January 11, 2009

Plaguelands

We'd left off in Light's Hope Chapel in the Eastern Plaguelands, and from there we went back to the Western Plaguelands to see Chromie in the ruins of Andorhal and close out a quest, then after that we moved around the region gathering ore and herbs and grinding for XP.

After a while it became clear that there wasn't much left to gather so I flew back to the Chapel and rode to the southern border, then west to find what ore I could. There wasn't much - perhaps a couple of mithril outcrops.

When I reached the river I headed north along the eastern bank and found the entrance to Terrorweb Tunnel, which leads through to Terrordale. The great thing about the tunnel is that there are a bunch of Crypt Fiends in there and many of them drop crypt fiend parts that we need thirty of for a quest. I started with about four parts; by the time I got to the far end of the tunnel I had twenty-five.

There's also a level 60 elite Nerubian Overseer in there - basically a bigger, tougher Crypt Fiend - and he drops several parts in one lot but he is very challenging to take down because I largely rely on Consecrate, Hammer of Light and other spells in the tougher fights and he keeps "silencing", which stops you casting any spells. You're basically relying on regular damage and being able to throw in the occasional spell during the moments when the silencing spell wears off.

Kate moved to the Eastern Plaguelands by road rather than flying at about the time I was making my way east along the southern side of Terrordale, so I made my way around to where she was so that we could meet up. At that time I was just a few thousand XP off level 61 and Kate wasn't far behind; I got the level and hung around giving Kate the occasional health boost and curing poisons and diseases until she hit 61 too. Once we'd got to that point we hearthstoned to Shattrath and took the portal to Ironforge.

I'd picked up a fair pile of thorium ore and a little mithril, gold and truesilver, as well as a couple of greens and a bunch of junk; I sold the junk, auctioned the rest and got repairs done. Then it was time at last to get my Charger spell.

I was disappointed - the spell didn't show up in the available training and I had to check a couple of things before I figured out why. It turns out that one of the requirements is that I must already have Journeyman Riding skill, so after all I have to pay the 480 gold for that. Once I have that, I can get my Charger.

That changes things; I have easily enough cash to pay for the training, but not enough to pay for Kate's at the same time, so I may have to wait until I have at least another couple of hundred gold so that I can do what I need without leaving me too skint to pay for new weapons, armour and whatever other kit I'll need going forward.

Talking of going forward, we've managed to trim down our quest list to a more manageable number but many of the open quests are in dungeons; I don't think we'll have a choice but to do a few of those before much longer. In the meantime the Ghostlands area is just to the north of the Eastern Plaguelands and although it's a Horde area it's low level; we may go in there very soon to map it and to find our way to Eversong Woods.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home