Sunday, June 22, 2008

Return to the Deadmines

We decided to try the Deadmines again but first we went to Stormwind - according to WoWWiki there are five quests in the mines, of which we had three, and the other two can be picked up from an NPC in the Dwarven Quarter. My thought was that if we had all the quests in our logs we could (in theory) clear out all five and get a big bucket of XP in one hit.

Naturally, it didn't quite go to plan. One quest was easy, because it simply involved picking up bandannas from Defias and we didn't even need to go through the instance portal for that. Once through the portal we had to try again to get past that big ogre ("Rhahk'Zor") and this time we almost had him. By hitting him with a Fireball at his closest approach I was able to get his attention without alerting the other Defias; Kate started chopping away with her poisoned blades while I hit him with Arcane Missiles and Fire Blast from a distance.

Despite the fact that Rhahk'Zor is only level 19 compared to our 23, he still takes a huge amount of damage. We almost had him, but he finally got Kate and came after me - and by that time my mana was almost out. Once he was on me it was all over - I had no way to keep him at a distance and for me that's the end. It wouldn't be so bad but on top of the huge damage he does in a single blow, there's three seconds of stun that stops you running or even drinking any potions.

So I guess we'll hold off for one more level up and try again. His time is coming, though.

Back at Stormwind I picked up a huge set of new Tailoring patterns and set up a couple of auctions. I also bought a sword - I need to get some practice in to get my skill level up with that, though. At this point we have the choice of finishing up some quests in Redridge (which would be my choice, just to clean out our quest logs a bit) or Duskwood (which would probably get us better XP short-term).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home