Friday, July 18, 2008

Bloodmyst Isle

We've been pushing the quests as hard as possible the last couple of days so that we can get off Bloodmyst and head on to mainland Kalimdor, so we've been whacking away at Flutterers (basically giant moths), Murlocs, Treants, Bears, Lashers and so on. I wasn't keeping an exact count but I've probably finished seven or eight quests. My quest count is still over a dozen, though, because most of these quests are in chains that we haven't yet reached the end of. I expect that to change today as we complete more chain-ending quests.

Bloodmyst isn't such a dangerous place, of course, once your level gets up where it needs to be. Kate's now at 18 and I hit 17 and so things are noticeably easier, and I feel a lot more secure about going into the northwestern part of the island where, by all current indications, we'll find the toughest enemies.

So for the time being the plan remains the same - keep bashing at the quests. The only thing I want to do a little differently is to make a point of spending a little more time looking for ore deposits to mine; I've done very little mining, especially yesterday, and as a result I've had nothing to auction that would make very much money, apart from a couple of uncommon items from drops. Considering that every time we go to get repairs done after being out in the field for a while it's costing four or more silver, I'm going to end up getting severely depleted of cash before much longer if I don't find more materials and make stuff.

Another thing I need to do is get more bag space. I'd really like to get two bags with at least twelve slots each just to hold unprocessed materials (ore, linen, wool, rough and coarse stones etc.), and processed stuff (smelted metal bars, grinding and sharpening stones and so on). I like to keep things organized into bags, so I have two bags like these plus another I use to hold food, drink and potions and another that's just for quest items and good items for auction. My main backpack is then for everything else - weapons and armour I'm not using at the moment, mostly, plus common and poor items that I'm planning on selling to vendors - and is also overflow space for stuff that won't fit into the other bags. The problem is that I'm always getting some overflow and I also run completely out of space from time to time, especially when we've been out questing for an extended time.

While the primary trades - mining and blacksmithing - have been coming along quite well, I really need to push a little harder on fishing and especially cooking. The reason is that high-level cooking skill makes it possible to create food items that don't just replenish health but also boost strength and stamina for fifteen minutes at a time, which is very useful. As it happens I had a few of these in my pack, but I'm now down to the last couple so I'll have to buy some more, and they can be pretty expensive. Far better if I can make my own.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home