Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Questing Like Mad

I started yesterday with about 11 quests, and having run probably six or seven I now have about 15; the things are multiplying. For one thing almost every quest is part of a chain so that completing one leads to another. Also I picked up two items that start new quests when opened. Finally, the XP from completing a bunch of quests pushed me to level 15 and that triggered two or three new quests (or quest chains).

Bloodmyst Isle is a dangerous place to be. While running around the place questing I ran up against at least three separate areas where I could see level 17 mobs in large numbers. I could probably handle them one-on-one but if I got targeted by two or more I'd be in bad trouble, so I'm leaving those areas alone for the time being.

One of the quests involves taking a ship to Auberdine and is plainly intended as an introduction to intercontinental travel and as a gateway to mainland Kalimdor. I may go ahead and run the quest anyway just for the XP and to get it off my list - it should be easy - but despite how hard Bloodmyst is the sheer number of quests (and the XP that go with them) makes it worth keeping it as home base for some time yet.

So my plan is to bulldoze through the quests as quickly as I can. I suspect I'll be up to at least level 18 by the time I'm ready to move to the mainland permanently.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home