Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Questing in Elwynn

We cleared two or three quests around the Eastvale Logging Camp at the eastern end of the Elwynn Forest and made Level 11 in the process. One thing that I was able to do was to try standing in a safe place some distance from Kate while she was fighting multiple enemies (murlocs, mostly) and hitting her with a healing spell every time her health went down to about two thirds. It turns out that I can keep her going against four or more enemies for an indefinite time, and I suspect it'll work just as well when she's up against one high-level or Elite enemy - I'm thinking here of Hogger to start with, and Rhahk'Zor later.

I was able to push my Blacksmithing to 65, but I only got three or four new plans, and a plan for a one-handed sword isn't among them so I guess I'll have to wait on that. However at the rate I'm making stuff and pushing up those skill points, I don't think it'll be long before I get more plans. I must remember to check the 'Unavailable' plans to find the one-handed sword plans and check to see what skill levels they become available at. And I should do the same thing for shields - if Blacksmiths can make them, that is.

I was able to make five pairs of mail leggings and two copper swords with the material I collected while were out east; I gave Kate two of the leggings and a sword to auction off to help with the cash situation, and I auctioned the rest. It looks like I severely underestimated the demand (and the buyout price) for the leggings - I set a buyout of 18sp and all three pairs were sold in minutes. I suspect I can double that price and still make good sales - I'm planning on making another batch and banging them out at 35.0 but I do want to check with the armour vendors to see if they sell the same thing and if so, what the price is.

I forgot to check in with the Mining Trainer and I must remember to do that next time - the last visit I got the ability to smelt tin, bronze and silver on top of the starting ability to smelt copper and although I suspect it'll be a while before I find any mithril (I haven't even found any tin yet) I want to be able to handle it the moment I do.

Another thing I forgot to do was assign a Talent point when I reached level 11. I must try to remember to fix that first thing on the next trip.

We have one more quest over in the east (to collect some free armour from a vendor at the logging camp) but the majority of our remaining quests are now in the west and soutwest of Elwynn Forest. Once we have Hogger out of the way, I think we'll be moving on to Westfall.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home