Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dark, dim, depressing Duskwood

It turned out that for two of the four Deadmines quests - the ones from the Dwarf in Stormwind that involved finding Miners' Union Cards and an Explorers' League Badge - we didn't need to go back through the instance portal so we did a quick trip to get those two off our quest log, then went back to Duskwood.

I lost count of how many quests we completed in Duskwood - seven or eight at least, I think, although most of them led to new quests so it didn't clear much from the quest log and I still show 18. It's still better than 21, though.

We both went from level 25 to 26, and Kate made 27 (I'm about 2400 points away) so we took a trip to Stormwind to do training and just for a change I didn't need to spend all my money to get all the Mage training. In fact, mostly thanks to auctions I had 3 gold at one point - the most I've ever had - and I still have more than 2gp right now.

I think I figured out how Kate seems to stay 4000 XP ahead of me even though we're grouped almost the whole time. My earlier thoughts were wrong - all group members get equal XP for a kill (provided we stay within a certain distance of each other, which for the most part we do) no matter who does the most actual damage or who takes the final shot. But the one thing that I didn't take into consideration was the fact that Kate had a chain of Rogue-only quests for which only she gets the XP.

We still have a bunch of quests to finish up in Duskwood and to be honest I'd like to get them done and move on - Duskwood is a dark and depressing place.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home