Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Human Factor

Kate's pushing hard to get her Human Warrior up a few levels so I think we'll be concentrating on that character, and my Human Paladin, for a while.

The way we've been pushing this is to get as many points as we can by running quests, so when we started yesterday our first objective was to close out a quest we had in Duskwood. Well actually, it was two quests to see the same person; I had to see Abercrombie, who lives in a hut near Raven Hill cemetery, to give him some Zombie Juice he'd asked for, while Kate had to see him to give him Ghost Hair from Blind Mary (which leads to the quest to get the Rot Blossoms needed to make Zombie Juice - in other words Kate's working the same quest chain but she's just a step or two behind me).

Raven Hill is near the western edge of Duskwood and quite a way from Darkshire, so it turns out that the quickest way to get there is to fly to Sentinel Hill in the Westfall then go east and swim across the river. You can run from the riverbank to the cemetery in a hot minute, but we scoured the area a bit first to knock down some wolves for meat; Tender Wolf Flanks make steaks that gives the "well-fed" bonus. We gathered a few flanks then went to see Abercrombie.

Of course Kate got the next quest, to get Zombie Juice from the inn in Darkshire, while I got the next quest after returning with the juice (I have to get some ribs from the Ghouls in the boneyard nearby). I'm holding off going for the next step, since it'll be easier to wait until Kate catches up and we can work it together.

So we went back to Darkshire the quickest way, by retracing our steps back across the river to Sentinel Hill and flying; Kate went to the inn to close out the quest and we headed out to Blind Mary's house to the southeast, which is where the walking skeletons carrying the rot blossoms hang out. I kept an eye on Kate's health and gave her a boost now and then while she whacked the skeletons and collected the blossoms.

With the blossom quota collected, Kate also wanted to bash some Skeleton Fiends for another quest and I mistakenly thought they were to be found near the Tranquil Gardens cemetery, so we headed that way; it was only after we'd been there a couple of minutes that I remembered the fiends are back at Raven Hill so we'll have to head back out there again very soon. (But we have to go there anyway so that Kate can give Abercrombie his juice.)

By then I was about out of time; we headed back to Darkshire and I checked into the inn for the night. Before I continue I'm planning on hitting the auction house to see about getting some better equipment; I'm up to level 27 now and I suspect I can get some better armour at least.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home