Friday, October 31, 2008

In the Desert Again

I started off by heading back out into the desert to whack things to push for level 42 - Kate was ahead of me by something like seventeen thousand points but the basilisks, scorpids, rocs and so on were all level 41 and up so there was plenty of XP, and combined with the rest bonus to double the points for a while it didn't take long to hit 42.

As soon as I got the level I rode back to Gadgetzan and made my way to Stormwind by way of Ratchet and Booty Bay. I could have gone to Ironforge (via Theramore and Menthil Harbour) which might have been quicker but I wanted to go to the cheese shop in Stormwind to get the Alterac Cheese we need for the Clamlette Surprise quest, which will give us the next level in our cooking skill.

In Stormwind I got my level 42 training and took care of some quick business in the bank and the auction house... and completely forgot to visit the cheese shop before heading back. Damn.

Back in Tanaris we didn't really go after any quests, although we both made a point of knocking down rocs for the giant eggs they drop - another ingredient for the Clamlette Surprise. When we'd done these quests as Draenei it had looked like there weren't enough rocs around to supply all the eggs we needed, so we'd gone to the Hinterlands to gather them from owlkins. As it happens there are plenty of rocs in Tanaris; they're just deeper in the desert than we'd looked before. This time Kate got almost all the eggs she needs and I have more than half of my own quota.

Other than that we just took the time to explore as much of the region as we could while whacking away for points. Incidentally the Necropolis that had been within sight of Gadgetzan had moved further south into the deep desert. We need to keep watching it; with a bit of luck we may be able to get our levels up to where we can take on the Scourge and have a chance of winning a few, while the Necropoli are still around.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home