Friday, October 24, 2008

Tauren and Raptors

Kate had done a couple of quests that I hadn't, so while she was busy taking care of bank and auction house business I did them to catch up.

The first was to see Captain Darril at North Point to close out a quest, and I got two more quests - one to collect Blackhoof Armaments from the village to the northeast, the other to find their battle plans. I went ahead and did the first quest, since Kate had already done it - a simple matter of gathering the armaments, knocking down any Blackhoof tauren that got in the way. The battle plans are in the form of four notes that you have to pick up from the Blackhoof Elders, and I got one of the notes in the process.

North Point was on the way to the next quest - to pick up wyrmtail stalks from the area south of Mudsprocket - so I dropped in to say Hi to Captain Darril and hand over the armaments.

Finding the wyrmtail stalks was easy - there are plenty around and I only needed eight - but it seemed like every one I went near meant getting a bit too close to either a crocolisk or a dragon whelp, so there was quite a bit of fighting involved. All the same it didn't take long and I went back to Mudsprocket to close out, get repairs and wait for Kate.

We didn't have a lot of time left so we went after two quests just west of Mudsprocket - to gather five Bloodfen Raptor feathers, and knock over Goreclaw the Ravenous. Neither took very long - about half of the raptors drop feathers so that part was quite easy; Goreclaw is pretty huge compared to the other raptors nearby but despite that he's the same level and no harder to take out.

During the fighting with the crocolisks and dragon whelps I'd picked up a couple of green items worth auctioning, and one of the quest rewards was some plate mail armour that I wanted to keep (I can't use it until I hit level 40), so I made a quick trip to Ironforge so I could hit the auction house and drop the plate armour in the bank. When that was done I was out of time - rather than head back to Dustwallow I stayed in Ironforge for the night.

I don't think we have many more quests to finish around Dustwallow and I think after we're done there we may see about moving on to the Hinterlands.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home