Friday, October 03, 2008

More Goings On at Raven Hill

While Kate was taking care of some things in the bank and the auction house I flew out to Lakeshire with the intention of taking on Lieutenant Fangore, the level 26 (I think) gnoll who hangs out in the eastern end of the Redridge Mountains region. I could take him easily in a fair fight, but he has a couple of friends including a shadowcaster and never strays far from them; it doesn't seem possible to pull Fangore without alerting his mates. I got wiped, and that's a pain in the bum because the nearest boneyard is all the way over to the west so it's a long trek back. I was thinking of trying to pull Fangore's friends one at a time to get them out of the way, but by then Kate wasn't far from done in Stormwind so I left that for the moment.

I went on ahead to Raven Hill and whacked the last handful of the twenty Plague Spreaders I needed for the quest I was working on; that left the field clear for Kate. I made my way back to Darkshire to close out, then flew to Sentinel Hill to hook up with Kate.

From there we swam the river and I watched Kate's health while she got her twenty ghouls. We got into trouble at one point - we went down into the crypt under the cemetery to find a few more ghouls and when we came out there was a herd of the things waiting for us. We got surrounded and it was a wipeout. After resurrecting (which is quick; after all we were already in the boneyard) I thought I was tough enough to take on Mor'Ladim, the level 30 elite armoured skeleton. Actually I could have got him; Kate was helping and we'd knocked him down a good way and had every chance of finishing him off when I was attacked from behind by another skeleton. I went down and they set on Kate, and that was that.

I resurrected nearby and as I was getting back into shape, Mor'Ladim must have wandered a bit too close and came at me from behind again. Slightly irritating because it wasted the two potions and a 'cheesehead' wolf steak I was in the middle of eating when he rudely interrupted. Never mind; his time is coming.

Kate got the rest of the twenty she needed shortly after that. We didn't take off for Darkshire right away - instead we went south to pick up a crate of stuff that Abercrombie wanted from the Ogre Mound. Along the way we knocked down a handful of spiders and that was enough to push me to level 28, which made dealing with the ogres a little easier since they're no more than level 30, and it didn't take long to get to Abercrombie's crate. We made our way back to Abercrombie, who gave us a note to take back to Darkshire.

Time was getting short so we headed for Darkshire to close out quests - there was a certain amount of running back and forth at this point, because the guy we took Abercrombie's note couldn't read it until it was translated so that had to be done. The next quest in that particular chain involves finding the grave of someone called Eliza, which according to QuestHelper isn't far from Abercrombie's shack.

At this point I was about out of time but there was one last thing I wanted to get done; now that I'd hit level 28 I needed Paladin training, so I flew out to Stormwind and ran to the Cathedral of Light to get that done.

By then I really was out of time, and didn't even bother checking into an inn; I found an empty room on the upper floor of a building near the auction house and packed it in for the night. Kate was really close to hitting level 25 by this time and decided to stay on for just a little while to get that.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home