Monday, January 02, 2006

Snake Farm IV

I've done all I'm going to do with the Snake Farm video. I only had about 15 minutes of raw footage to start with and much of that was unusable because of bad lighting, bad sound, shaky camerawork and so on, and as a result I ended up with only two or three minutes of "good" footage. What I've done is basically a slideshow made up from 4-second segments, with a backing music track. You can download it from here if you'd like to see it - it runs a little over a minute and the file is a bit more than 2Mb - not particularly big.

As you might see from the link, I'm using savefile.com as the host - unlike VidiLife and YouTube, they don't mess with the video files and you can actually download them (VidiLife only allows you to view videos on their page or embed it in another page - there's no way for anyone to download a copy; YouTube also messes with your files but I can't say whether they allow downloads).

The Reptile Expo and the Snake Farm between them have been a great learning experience. These first two videos aren't exactly Hollywood quality but I've learned a lot about how I can improve my camera and sound work in future so I'm hoping that any other movies I create will that much stronger as a result.

I have ideas for two new projects. More on these later, when I've thought them out a bit more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home