Saturday, July 19, 2008

Seven Quests

As I suspected would happen, the number of incomplete quests dropped sharply as we finished chain-end quests. I'm down to seven and Kate has eight because she picked up a warrior-only quest - one that will take us back to the Redridge Mountains, familiar from our travels with our Human avatars.

We covered a lot of ground in quite a short time, completing quests from the Warp Piston on the northeast coast, down through Vindicator's Rest then south to the Cryo-Core and west to the Vector Coil. (The places with the hi-tech sounding names are plainly parts of the Exodar that scattered all over the islands during the crash-landing.) I made level 19; Kate's just a couple of thousand XP away from level 21.

One quest that continues to frustrate involves taking crystallized bark from Treants - we've had this one on our lists for ages. All we need is six pieces of bark each, but it seems that there aren't that many Treants about, and when you do find them it seems that you have to whack four or five at least to find one that drops the bark. I need just one more piece; Kate needs at least three. I remember seeing more Treants wandering about near the road south of Blood Watch; I'm going to try down that way next, to see if they drop the stuff more readily.

The other quests we have to finish up include two that'll mean swimming over to Wyrmscar Isle, just off the coast near the Warp Piston - those should be fairly easy. We also have to capture a Blood Elf called Matis; this guy is a level 18 elite who wanders along the road near Vindicator's Rest and wiped us both the other day (although it was a close thing - we almost had him) when he caught us by surprise before we knew who he was. I saw a character on a mount and thought it was just another player. I'm not sure at the moment what 'capturing' this guy entails, since I don't remember any other quests we've done that involve doing that; it may be easy, it may not be - we'll find out soon enough, I guess.

We also have to locate some Void Critters (whatever they are) near a place called the Sun Gate that we haven't found yet but appears to be somewhere near the Vector Coil. The hardest outstanding quest (as far as I know) is around the Vector Coil, to take out a bunch of Sunhawk spies and saboteurs that are attempting to do something to the Coil itself. What makes this so tough is that every one of these guys is a level 19 elite; Kate took out a handful of them but it wasn't easy even at level 20 - I burned through a lot of mana keeping her alive with Holy Light during the fights. This isn't going to be easy when my turn comes and I'm not planning on running this one until I hit 20 myself, just to make sure I have the best edge I can get.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home